Report a road traffic incident
If you've been involved in a road traffic collision, or think you might have witnessed an offence on the roads, find out how to report it using our simple online tool. Just answer the quick questions below to make sure we give you the right advice and gather all of the relevant details.
Is it an emergency?
If a crime is happening now or someone is in immediate danger, call 999 now.If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.
Report a road traffic collision with no insurance
Thank you. If you've exchanged details with the people involved in the collision, you don't have to tell the police.
See the Road traffic act 1988, section 170 for further details.
However, if you believe they didn't have insurance you can report it:
- online - click 'Start' below to begin
- at your local police station
- by telling a police constable
Click ‘Start’ below to complete our simple online form. Please provide as many details as you can about the incident.
We'll try to fill in the gaps wherever possible.
Average completion time 20 minutes
Please have the following details ready, if possible:
- date and time of the collision
- registration and make of your vehicle
- registration and make of any other vehicles involved
- contact details of the other person, or people, involved in the collision
- contact details of any witnesses to the collision