Cannabis factory in Stanwick dismantled
Main article content
A warrant executed at an address in Stanwick uncovered a large cannabis factory which has now been dismantled.
The property in Wetenhall Road was raided yesterday (Tuesday, April 6) at 9.30am by the East Northants Neighbourhood Policing Team. Once inside they discovered 71 large plants and arrested one man.
Gvidrs Griskevius, 21, of Wetenhall Road, Stanwick has since been charged with production of cannabis in connection with the find.
Neighbourhood Policing Sergeant Leigh Françoise Goodwin, said: “This warrant was executed as a result of community intelligence and I’m really pleased for the local community that we have been able to dismantle it for them.
“Cannabis factories can really blight an area and no one should feel miserable about where they live and having a factory of this nature in your local area really brings down a neighbourhood.
“We will continue to work alongside the community to tackle the issues that concern them.
“I would encourage both members of the public and landlords to take a look at the signs below and let us know of anything suspicious that may indicate a cannabis factory is being set up or in operation, so we can take it down and prosecute those responsible for setting it up. Please call us on 101 if you have any information.”
- Curtains and windows closed and drawn, even in hot weather
- Strange comings and goings from the address with vehicles attending very late at night
- Smells coming from the address that could indicate cannabis is being grown
- Light coming from roof spaces or leaking through the building in odd places
- Sounds of fans constantly running in the address
- Cables running to and from lampposts nearby
- Rubbish bags full of garden related waste
- Occupants and visitors who are rarely seen, except at odd hours of the day
- Condensation on the windows
- Copious amounts of fertiliser being taken to the address at odd times
Advice to landlords:
- Be mindful of the need to conduct regular inspections of the properties you are letting out
- Be sure you are happy with the identity of the tenants before you let out the address and confirm they are the people living there and not sub-letting