Quickly exit this site by pressing the Escape key
Leave this site
Skip to main content
Skip to main navigation
This site is a beta, which means it's a work in progress and we'll be adding more to it over the next few weeks. Your feedback helps us make things better, so please let us know what you think.
Back to Report
Back to Tell us about
Back to Apply or register
Back to Request
Back to Thanks and complaints
A judge has postponed the trial of Fiona Beal who is accused of murdering a man whose body was found buried in her Northampton garden.
Beal, who denies murdering 42-year-old Nicholas Billingham, between October 30 and November 10 last year, had been due to start at Northampton Crown Court next week.
Judge Adrienne Lucking QC vacated the trial to a date to be fixed after hearing submissions from prosecutor Peter Joyce QC by video-link today (Tuesday, September 6).
Beal, aged 48, who pleaded not guilty to murder in August, spoke only to confirm her name during the 13-minute hearing.
Mr Billingham’s body was found behind a house in Moore Street, Kingsley, after a police search last March.
He died as a result of a stab wound to the neck.
Judge Lucking told Beal she would be notified of a new trial date before a further mention hearing in December.
The judge told Beal: "I will vacate the trial date. In the meantime you will remain in custody."
Is there a problem with this page?