Two men have been sentenced to four years apiece for the kidnapping of a 16-year-old boy in Northampton in September 2019.
Gary Burgess, 21, previously of Farmclose Road, Northampton, and Adam Molloy, 20, previously of Woodlands, Northampton, attacked the 16-year-old boy in Grange Park in an attempt to extort £1000 from another man they believed owned them money.
During the ordeal, the pair threatened the boy with a knife, said they were going to “slit his throat” and discussed how they were going to break his bones.
It was “the worst experience of his life” the victim recalled at court.
But the man they were trying to extort money from called the police and a short time later, Burgess and Molloy were both arrested.
They were subsequently charged with kidnap and blackmail and at Northampton Crown Court this week (December 22), were sentenced to four years in prison each.
Lead Investigator – DC John Cordner, said: “This was a really horrible experience for the victim in this case who was just a 16-year-old boy at the time of the offence.
“Burgess and Molloy showed no humanity in their kidnapping of him and I hope they reflect on the choices they made that night in order to make better ones when they are released.
“Protecting people and fighting crime is the cornerstone of what we do here at Northamptonshire Police. I hope this case shows our determination to bring offenders to justice and to safeguard those who need us at their worst hour.”