You can report crime online here.

Report a road traffic incident here

Say thanks or make a complaint here

If there's something you've seen or heard which has caused you concern, but isn't a crime or terrorism related, you can tell us about that here

By phone


Call 999 if:

  • a serious offence is in progress or has just been committed
  • someone is in immediate danger or harm
  • property is in danger of being damaged
  • a serious disruption to the public is likely

Text 999 in an emergency. You need to register for the service first: text 'register' to 999 and follow the instructions. Visit emergencySMS for more information about the service.

If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000.


Call 101 for non-emergency enquiries

Video calling for the deaf

A British Sign language (BSL) user can connect to a BSL interpreter via video calling system SignVideo.

The interpreter will relay what you say to the police and vice versa.

This service is to report non-urgent incidents or crimes, or to ask the police for advice and information. It's not for emergencies.

How to use SignVideo

  1. download the SignVideo app; you won't need to register
  2. connect to a SignVideo interpreter and tell them you are calling the police 101 number
  3. the SignVideo interpreter may ask if you want to prepare anything before starting the call
  4. you'll then be connected to a 101 advisor via the interpreter

If you're deaf or hard of hearing, you can also use our textphone service on 18001 01604 432521.

Before reporting a crime

The following things aren't police matters, but your local council ought to be able to help with them:

For vehicles on the road with no valid road tax, contact the DVLA.

Before you call

So that we can deal with your call as quickly as possible, please try to have the following:

  • the date and time the crime happened
  • the location, such as address or road name along with the town or city
  • the details of any witnesses or suspects
  • if you think there is any additional evidence such as forensic evidence or mobile phone footage; or if there is clear CCTV footage of the offence being committed, please make us aware

Anti-terrorist hotline

Call the UK anti-terrorist hotline on 0800 789 321 if you've seen or heard something you think could suggest terrorist activity.

Stay anonymous – Crimestoppers

Contact Crimestoppers either online or on 0800 555 111 to anonymously report a crime or suspicious behaviour.

Other ways to get in touch if it isn't an emergency:

  • For general enquiries, please email us using our secure email address: [email protected].

Contact our corporate communications department

If you're an accredited journalist and need to contact our media relations team during office hours (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm), please call 101 (or 03000 111 222 if you are calling from outside Northamptonshire) and then dial extension 341063.

Out of office hours, please call 101 and ask for the control room inspector, who will help you. 

Follow us on social media:

Public enquiry desks


Corby Borough Council
One Stop Shop
The Cube
George Street
NN17 1QG

Open: Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm


Daventry police station
New Street
NN11 4BS

Open: Monday to Saturday, 10am - 4pm


Kettering Borough Council
Customer Service Centre
Bowling Green Road
NN15 7QX

Open: Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm; Saturday, 10am - 1pm 


Northampton Borough Council
One Stop Shop
The Guildhall
St. Giles Square

Open: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm (closed between 12 - 1pm)


Wellingborough police station
Midland Road

Open: Monday to Saturday, 10am - 4pm

Weston Favell

Weston Favell police station
Pyramid Close
Weston Favell

Open: Monday to Saturday, 9am - 5pm (closed between 12 - 1pm)

Police station finder

Location search controls

Find your nearest police station or contact point using the search box below.


Showing results for