How to register
We have three locations to visit if you live in Northampton and have been required to register with the police, an essential part of many foreign nationals’ visa conditions.
You can begin your registration using our online system.
Please click the button below to go to our registration site. There you can enter your details and set up one account per person.
Once you have created an account you will receive an email to activate your account. You must do this within one hour. You will then be invited to log back into your account and complete the online form.
You will have 40 minutes to complete the form before you can book an appointment online. Please have all your relevant personal documents to hand when completing the form. These are the same documents you will need to bring to your appointment.
You will also be required to pay £34.00 using our secure online payment system. No appointment can be made without pre-payment.
Your registration is only complete once you have attended your appointment.
We won't see you without an appointment.
Where to go for your appointment (after you have started your registration online)
Once you've completed all the steps above and made your appointment, you'll need to get to:
Weston Favell Police Station
Corby Borough Council
One Stop Shop
The University of Northampton*
Northampton NN1 5PH
*Only the University of Northampton students or their dependents will be able to register at this location.
Appointments will take about 15 minutes.
What to bring to your appointment
- Any old and current Police Registration Certificates that may be held
- Any old passport
- Biometric Residence Permit (also known as BRP)
- Letter from the Home Office (If BRP applied in the UK)
- Proof of work or study (CAS/offer letter or employment contract)
- Proof of address (eg tenancy agreement, utility bill, bank statement or a document from your educational establishment)
New "Opayo" prepay process now in force, so the £34 fee must be paid before you can book an appointment.
- Don't come if you have any of the symptoms (eg a high temperature, a new persistent cough and/or loss of taste/smell) or have been warned to self-isolate due to being in contact with another person.
- Do not attend in groups - only the person with the appointment should enter the building to allow for social distancing.
- Please don't enter the building too far in advance of your appointment time, and wear a face mask.
If you have any queries, please call us on 01604 888010.