If you are a victim of child abuse, or worried for the safety or wellbeing of a child, find out below all the different ways you can get in touch. Even if you’re not 100 per cent sure, please report your concerns. Your information could help our trained officers and staff protect the child.

The best ways to get in touch

If you suspect someone is in immediate danger, call 999 now. If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

If it isn’t an emergency, please get in touch in any of these other ways:

  • call our non-emergency, 24/7 number: 101. If you're deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service on 18001 101
  • visit a police station to speak to an officer in person
  • contact the NSPCC to speak to a professional practitioner
  • contact the children's social care team at your local council
  • contact Crimestoppers confidentially and anonymously

If you’re a child, you could also speak to someone you trust, like a friend, a teacher or another adult.

If you’re a professional working with children, remember you have a responsibility to refer your concerns to Children’s Social Care through your local council.

You can also report your concerns to the Child Safeguarding Team on 0300 126 1000.

Police station finder

Location search controls

Police station finder

Find your nearest police station or contact point using the search box below. 

Enter a postcode, street address or area.


Showing results for