Voice: For victims and witnesses provides free support to victims and witnesses of crime in Northamptonshire. The service opened in October 2014 after police and crime commissioners were given the responsibility to provide support services by the Ministry of Justice.
A variety of support is available at Voice, including;
- Listening – providing independent, free, confidential, non-judgemental advice
- Over the phone or face-to-face support
- Referral to specialist support services, if needed
- Crime prevention and security advice
- Help filling out forms for housing, insurance, criminal injury compensation applications
- Assistance with applications for special measures in court
Specialist services are offered through Voice, giving an enhanced service for those people affected by particular crimes and incidents.
- Voice:RoadHarm which supports those people left with life changing injuries and the families of people who have died in road traffic collisions, via ASSIST Trauma Care
- The Sunflower Centre operates as part of Voice and provides specialist support for victims of domestic abuse
- A free, confidential helpline for victims of interpersonal violence (domestic abuse, rape, stalking, FGM, harassment, historic abuse, forced marriage, honour based violence and sex trafficking) provided by Rape Crisis, on behalf of Voice – call 0300 222 5930
- Additional support for victims of persistent anti-social behaviour
A detailed list of support services is available on the Voice website.