Detective Chief Superintendent – Crime, Public Protection and Intelligence
What we are looking for:
A Detective Chief Superintendent who will:
- share our Force values of honesty, fairness, reliability and approachability, whilst living by the Code of Ethics
- support the Force to protect people from harm, setting organisational strategy, standards and operational policy in the Crime, Public Protection and Intelligence areas of business
- provide inspirational leadership, effectively managing staff and resources in line with the strategic direction of the Force
- work collaboratively with colleagues within the Force and across the region and nationally as Head of Profession
- work effectively with local partnerships to safeguard our communities
Applications are welcomed from Superintendents seeking promotion and Chief Superintendents who are looking for a lateral transfer.
Northamptonshire Police will offer a relocation package of up to £20,000 to the successful applicant in line with Police Regulation 35 Annex V, where they move home in order to join the Force, and relocate within 20 miles of Northamptonshire Police Force Headquarters.
For a copy of the relocation policy please email email@example.com
The Recruitment Process
The recruitment process will consist of the following stages:
Stage one (a)
- Applicants are required to apply using the application form
- Applicants are asked to provide evidence of their skills, knowledge and experience against the competencies detailed within the Competency and Values Framework (level 3)
- Evidence must be verified by a senior manager
Stage one (b)
- A panel, made up of ACC James Andronov and Ali Naylor ACO Resources will paper-sift all applications received
- The paper-sift will take place on 25 July 2018
- A formal interview and presentation around level 3 of the Competency and Values Framework
- The panel will be chaired by CC Simon Edens supported by ACC James Andronov and Ali Naylor ACO Resources
- Interviews/presentations will take place on 1 August 2018 at Northamptonshire Police Force Headquarters
Stage three (external applicants only)
- Fitness Test (7th August 2018 at 4.30pm)
- Substance Misuse Testing (9th August 2018 at 9.30am)
- Medical Review (9th August 2018 at 1.00pm)
- Vetting Checks
- Reference / Home Force Checks
For further details on the Competency and Values Framework please click the link at the bottom of this page.
How to Apply
To apply, please email WorkforcePlanning@northants.pnn.police.uk for an application pack.
Applications should be sent to WorkforcePlanning@northants.pnn.police.uk by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is 22 July 2018 at 5pm.
Applications received after the closing date or incomplete will not be considered.
If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please email Workforce Planning at WorkforcePlanning@northants.pnn.police.uk
For an informal chat with regards to the role please email ACC James Andronov on James.Andronov@northants.pnn.police.uk
Northamptonshire Police is an equal opportunities organisation with no applicant being treated more or less favourably on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief or disability.