Over the following period Northamptonshire Police Procurement and Business Continuity Manager will work with existing Key Suppliers to approve or help develop BCM plans in or order to meet or excel BS 25999. Future tenders for future contracts will include in more detail the BCM requirements and evidence of BS 25999 during the tender submission and evaluation stages.
Business Continuity and Incident Management Plans
“The organisation shall have documented plans that detail how the organisation will manage an incident and how it will recover or maintain its activities to a predetermined level in the event of a disruption”.
Expectations and Indications of Good Practice.
- Consider how to continue your critical activities
- Identify the internal risks that could threaten the performance of your organisation in an emergency
- Produce and maintain plans.
- Identify the procedures that would be needed to maintain the critical activities.
- Ensure a member of your executive board / director is given overall responsibility for BCM.
- Update your plans, your suppliers and contract arrangements.
- Carry out training exercises to validate your plans.
- Ensure internal and external stakeholders are aware of BCM strategy.
- Align your organisation to BS 25999.