|Offers non-judgemental support to high risk victims of domestic abuse across Northamptonshire.|
We aim to:
- Identify those most at risk of harm from domestic abuse
- Safety plan to minimise the risk faced
- Provide practical support, advice and signposting
- Support high risk victims through civil and criminal court processes
- Refer to and support Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC)
We will do this by:
- Providing crisis intervention and support
- Prioritising your safety
- Giving you a voice and enabling you to be heard
- Providing you with options
Definition of domestic abuse
Northamptonshire Sunflower Centre recognises the ACPO definition of domestic abuse, which states that domestic abuse, is:
“Any incident of threatening behaviour, violence or abuse (psychological, physical, sexual, financial or emotional) between adults, aged 18 or over, who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.”
This includes issues of concern to black and minority ethnic (BME) communities such as so called ‘honour based violence', female genital mutilation (FGM) and forced marriage.
Family members are defined as mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister and grandparents, (whether directly related, in-laws or step-family).
If you are experiencing domestic abuse you do not have to suffer alone. Northamptonshire Sunflower Centre can provide you with advice and support to enable you to achieve a safe and happy life. If someone you know is suffering abuse, encourage them to access support.
If you, or someone you know, is experiencing domestic abuse you do not have to suffer alone. Northamptonshire Sunflower Centre can provide you with advice and support to enable you to achieve a safe and happy life.
What we can offer?
We offer a free service which provides advice and support including:
- Crisis intervention, risk assessment and individual safety planning
- Advice and support on civil and criminal court proceedings
- Signposting to other services such as crime prevention, immigration advice, legal advice, groupwork and counsellors.
- Advocacy with other agencies on your behalf
Northamptonshire Sunflower Centre employs qualified Independent Domestic Violence Advisors (IDVA's) who have specialist knowledge and understanding of domestic abuse including the effects it has on individuals, their family, local community and society as a whole.
IDVA's are trained in risk management and safety planning and have a wide understanding of the support services both locally and nationally, which can help keep you safe.
How to access our service
What happens once a referral has been received
Download our Leaflet